May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? - Redhat

This is a discussion on May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? - Redhat ; May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where may I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help! Have a good day! ...

  1. May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8?

    May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA
    interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where may
    I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help!

    Have a good day!

    Regards,

    Joffre

  2. Re: May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8?

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:31:27 +0800, tech11 wrote:

    > May Red Hat AS3-U9 support intel 965G+ICH8? Since 965G has only SATA
    > interface and AS3-U8 is failed to setup on hosts with 965G board. Where
    > may I find the supported hardware list? Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Have a good day!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Joffre

    It probably won't. Redhat AS3 has an extremely obsolete kernel. I don't
    know if RH adds driver support, I certainly don't see any sign of that in
    CentOS. Even RHEL 5 lacks support for the ethernet MACs on 965 boards, it
    uses 2.6.18 and you need at least 2.6.19 to use the MACs found on most
    Core2 boards. Fedora 7 works out of the box on 965s, FC6 will install but
    you have to do some updates before MACs will work which is a bit of a
    chicken vs the egg problem since you need ethernet to do an update. I
    plugged in an old PCI ethernet card when I first installed FC6 and
    removed it after the updates.

+ Reply to Thread