coredump and heap memory - Redhat

This is a discussion on coredump and heap memory - Redhat ; I have a core dump for an executable. How do I find out from core which variable has called malloc for large block. Or all the size of dynamic variables memory?...

  1. coredump and heap memory

    I have a core dump for an executable. How do I find out from core
    which variable has called malloc for large block.

    Or all the size of dynamic variables memory?

  2. Re: coredump and heap memory

    rts wrote:
    > I have a core dump for an executable. How do I find out from core
    > which variable has called malloc for large block.

    Become an expert in reading core dumps.

    If you are not up to that, ignore them all, repeat the problem and report it as
    a bug to the developers describing exactly what you did to cause the dump.

    > Or all the size of dynamic variables memory?

    If you wrote the program then you are on your own.

    --
    Hodie Idibus Octobribus MMVII est
    -- The Ferric Webceasar

+ Reply to Thread