Change default boot in Fedora Core 7 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Change default boot in Fedora Core 7 - Redhat ; Hi I have dual boot my laptop with Fedora Core 7 and Windows XP. The default boot is Fedora Core 7 but i want Windows XP to boot by default. How do i change this with KDE or Gnome or ...

  1. Change default boot in Fedora Core 7

    Hi I have dual boot my laptop with Fedora Core 7 and Windows XP. The
    default boot is Fedora Core 7 but i want Windows XP to boot by
    default. How do i change this with KDE or Gnome or any other way that
    is much easier.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Change default boot in Fedora Core 7

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:26:04 -0700, undbund wrote:

    > Hi I have dual boot my laptop with Fedora Core 7 and Windows XP. The
    > default boot is Fedora Core 7 but i want Windows XP to boot by
    > default. How do i change this with KDE or Gnome or any other way that
    > is much easier.
    >
    > Thanks

    /etc/grub.conf

    default=0

    Change the 0 to the ordinal for the OS you want to boot.

    --
    I told you this was going to happen.

  3. Re: Change default boot in Fedora Core 7

    On Oct 11, 3:48 am, Ivan Marsh wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:26:04 -0700, undbund wrote:
    > > Hi I have dual boot my laptop with Fedora Core 7 and Windows XP. The
    > > default boot is Fedora Core 7 but i want Windows XP to boot by
    > > default. How do i change this with KDE or Gnome or any other way that
    > > is much easier.

    > > Thanks

    > /etc/grub.conf
    >
    > default=0
    >
    > Change the 0 to the ordinal for the OS you want to boot.
    >
    > --
    > I told you this was going to happen.

    How do i find out the ordinal number of other OS that i want to boot?

    Thanks

  4. Re: Change default boot in Fedora Core 7

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:46:27 -0700, undbund wrote:

    > On Oct 11, 3:48 am, Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:26:04 -0700, undbund wrote:
    >> > Hi I have dual boot my laptop with Fedora Core 7 and Windows XP. The
    >> > default boot is Fedora Core 7 but i want Windows XP to boot by
    >> > default. How do i change this with KDE or Gnome or any other way that
    >> > is much easier.

    >> > Thanks

    >> /etc/grub.conf
    >>
    >> default=0
    >>
    >> Change the 0 to the ordinal for the OS you want to boot.

    > How do i find out the ordinal number of other OS that i want to boot?

    Each OS has a "title" line, ex: title Fedora Core (2.6.20-1.2320.fc5smp).

    The first one is 0 (zero) the second is 1 etc...

    --
    I told you this was going to happen.

  5. Re: Change default boot in Fedora Core 7

    On Oct 11, 9:09 am, Ivan Marsh wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:46:27 -0700, undbund wrote:

    > >> /etc/grub.conf

    > >> default=0

    > >> Change the 0 to the ordinal for the OS you want to boot.

    > > How do i find out the ordinal number of other OS that i want to boot?

    > Each OS has a "title" line, ex: title Fedora Core (2.6.20-1.2320.fc5smp).
    >
    > The first one is 0 (zero) the second is 1 etc...
    >
    > --
    > I told you this was going to happen.

    Thanks guys for all your help. I was able to make the changes. By the
    way do you guys know of any good Dreamweaver like software for Linux,
    i mean apart from Quanta or Blue Fish. If i could get such a software
    I would be able to ditch Windows. :-)

    Thanks for all your help.

+ Reply to Thread