NFS file cache - Redhat

This is a discussion on NFS file cache - Redhat ; Hi, I am trying to failover 2 RW NFS partition. The problem is the generation number. I think if I can make clients to request NFS server everytime it read it, I think it will work. So I am looking ...

  1. NFS file cache

    Hi,
    I am trying to failover 2 RW NFS partition. The problem is the
    generation number. I think if I can make clients to request NFS server
    everytime it read it, I think it will work. So I am looking for way to
    disable NFS cache.
    How do I do that?
    If I use option to mount actimeo=0, is that same thing as disabling
    cache?
    Thx,
    Paul

  2. Re: NFS file cache

    Hi,

    pechoi@syr.edu wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to failover 2 RW NFS partition. The problem is the
    > generation number. I think if I can make clients to request NFS server
    > everytime it read it, I think it will work. So I am looking for way to
    > disable NFS cache.
    > How do I do that?
    > If I use option to mount actimeo=0, is that same thing as disabling
    > cache?

    use the noac option (man 5 nfs) to disable all attribute caching.

    bye, gk

+ Reply to Thread