I have a Fedora Core 5 machine I am wanting to upgrade to Fedora 7. The
machine doesn't have a DVD reader but I have copied the DVD ISO to the
hard-disk and copied out its /isolinux/ directory to the hard-disk,
adjusted Grub to boot with it and created a kickstart file.

The machine boots into the install environment BUT it won't recognize that I
am specifying an _upgrade_ and not a full install. Even without the
kickstart file I am never prompted about what kind of install to do - it
always defaults to a full install. Even on a non-kickstart install I never
see the install-choices menu.

According to what I understand about Anaconda I should be able to do this
but it isn't a case I've seen (after much much Googling) discussed. Is it
possible?

/etc/grub.conf:

default=0
timeout=15
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
#hiddenmenu
title Fedora 7 DVD
root (hd0,0)
kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz ro root=LABEL=/ ks=hd:sda1:/isolinux/ks.cfg
initrd /isolinux/initrd.img

/isolinux/ks.cfg:

auth
bootloader --upgrade