fc3 2.6.12 kernel source - Redhat

This is a discussion on fc3 2.6.12 kernel source - Redhat ; Hello, I'm trying to get yum to get the 2.6.12 kernel source rpm, but it won't find it. I've also tried searching for a specific key for it, still no good. Which rpm do i have to get to obtain ...

  1. fc3 2.6.12 kernel source

    Hello,
    I'm trying to get yum to get the 2.6.12 kernel source rpm, but it won't
    find it. I've also tried searching for a specific key for it, still no good.
    Which rpm do i have to get to obtain the source rpm?
    Thanks.
    Dave.

  2. Re: fc3 2.6.12 kernel source

    "dave" writes:

    > I'm trying to get yum to get the 2.6.12 kernel source rpm, but it won't
    > find it. I've also tried searching for a specific key for it, still no
    > good. Which rpm do i have to get to obtain the source rpm?

    On my FC4 this works:

    yum install kernel-devel-$(uname -r)

    It install in /usr/src/kernels.

    It may work this way in FC3, though I believe the release notes for FC3,
    which should be in:

    /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3

    contained instructions on how to get the source.

    -- HASM

+ Reply to Thread