Detect CPU throttling - Redhat

This is a discussion on Detect CPU throttling - Redhat ; Hi! Is there any way from the system to detect that CPU is thermal throttling (is thermal the only aspect that cause hardware throttling?), other than see the temperature is maxed up using lm_sensors? Thank you! -- Stephan Paul Arif ...

  1. Detect CPU throttling

    --
    Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo
    _____ _____ _____ _____

    Disclaimer: IANAL, IANALP, IANAMD, IANAMP
    my statements - if any - should be treated as such.

  2. Re: Detect CPU throttling

    S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Is there any way from the system to detect that CPU is thermal
    > throttling (is thermal the only aspect that cause hardware
    > throttling?), other than see the temperature is maxed up using
    > lm_sensors?

    $ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling

  3. Re: Detect CPU throttling

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:57:48 -0400, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
    wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >Is there any way from the system to detect that CPU is thermal
    >throttling (is thermal the only aspect that cause hardware
    >throttling?), other than see the temperature is maxed up using
    >lm_sensors?

    There may well be a better solution but...

    A friend of mine created a util to recalc the bogomips and used that as
    his indicator. I think he just stole to code out of the kernel code, or
    maybe from some startup code.

    His util switched to single user, ran, then returned to multi-user. Not
    very friendly, nor very accurate.

    Brad
    --
    "Laughter is good medicine and it has no bad side effects."
    Unknown

+ Reply to Thread