setting ulimit values - Redhat

This is a discussion on setting ulimit values - Redhat ; ulimit -u on my RHEL3 box gives max user processes unlimited but on my Fedora Core 3 box max user processes 32759 How do I set the value so that all users can run unlimited processes? I've looked in /etc/sysconfig ...

  1. setting ulimit values

    ulimit -u on my RHEL3 box gives

    max user processes unlimited

    but on my Fedora Core 3 box

    max user processes 32759

    How do I set the value so that all users can run unlimited processes? I've
    looked in /etc/sysconfig and /etc/profile.d but I can't find anything
    obvious. Do I need to create a limit.sh file?

    Thanks

    Duncan

  2. Re: setting ulimit values

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:09:44 +0100, Duncan Irving
    wrote:

    >ulimit -u on my RHEL3 box gives
    >
    >max user processes unlimited
    >
    >but on my Fedora Core 3 box
    >
    >max user processes 32759
    >
    >How do I set the value so that all users can run unlimited processes? I've
    >looked in /etc/sysconfig and /etc/profile.d but I can't find anything
    >obvious. Do I need to create a limit.sh file?

    Have a look at /etc/security/limits.conf

    Brad
    --
    Bradley W. Olin "do or do not, there is no try"
    http://www.bwo1.com Yoda

+ Reply to Thread