How do I know that network Card is Set as Full Duplex - Redhat

This is a discussion on How do I know that network Card is Set as Full Duplex - Redhat ; I am a non-root user. How can I know that network card is 100M and Full Duplex? Any Ideas? Thanks....

  1. How do I know that network Card is Set as Full Duplex

    I am a non-root user. How can I know that network card is 100M and Full Duplex? Any Ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How do I know that network Card is Set as Full Duplex

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:59:29 GMT,
    "Suresh K Singh" posted:

    > I am a non-root user. How can I know that network card is 100M and Full Duplex? Any Ideas?

    Ask the root user to tell you... Watch the screen as it boots up and see
    if it mentions which mode it's using...

    --
    If you insist on e-mailing me, use the reply-to address (it's real but
    temporary). But please reply to the group, like you're supposed to.

    This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.

  3. Re: How do I know that network Card is Set as Full Duplex

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 at 12:59am, Suresh K Singh scribbled:

    > I am a non-root user. How can I know that network card is 100M and Full
    > Duplex? Any Ideas?

    Ask your sysadmin. If you're a non-root user, there's not much you can do
    anyway, as far as changing parameters.

    If you DO have root access, try "/sbin/ethtool ethx" where "x" is your
    device number (usually 0). It'll tell you what you asked for, adn a LOT
    more. You don't need to reboot to get this kind of info.

    neall

+ Reply to Thread