Can not boot! - Redhat

This is a discussion on Can not boot! - Redhat ; Hi. After borrowing a Linux book including redhat 6 and 5.2 at the library, i put Redhat 6 into my computer and started the instalation. Soon after chosing "custom installation", i ended in some prompt i assumed to be the ...

  1. Can not boot!

    Hi.

    After borrowing a Linux book including redhat 6 and 5.2 at the
    library, i put Redhat 6 into my computer and started the instalation.
    Soon after chosing "custom installation", i ended in some prompt i
    assumed to be the linux DOS prompt. So i wrote some commands to see
    what happend, It reacted when i wrote "1" and "2" and then asked for
    more numbers!. Then i quit the installation, but sadly i seem to have
    ruind my hard drive by this, in some mysterious way. It will not boot
    from the harddrive, the windows 98 cd does not work, and when i start
    the redhat installation, it says:

    boot:initrd.img....boot failed

    I tried changing things in the bios, and writing different things at
    the "boot:" prompt, but no positive result at all!.

    Please help me!, will i have to format my dear harddisk?.

  2. Re: Can not boot!

    Oh my.

    Is there something already on the hard drive you want to keep, or is
    this a fresh, clean installation environment?

  3. Re: Can not boot!

    "StupidScript" wrote in message news:<1110566606.473939.115600@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>...
    > Oh my.
    >
    > Is there something already on the hard drive you want to keep, or is
    > this a fresh, clean installation environment?

    It would not eat my apparently healthy bootdisks, only this 5 year old
    "corel linux", wich installation program kind of forced me to format
    the harddisk!, thousend of hours of tracker tunes was blown into the
    astral!.

+ Reply to Thread