Fedora power management service - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora power management service - Redhat ; Hi all, I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop. I am using an lcd. I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the lcd. I need it to display 24/7. Even if I set the advanced ...

  1. Fedora power management service

    Hi all,

    I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop.
    I am using an lcd.
    I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the
    lcd.
    I need it to display 24/7.
    Even if I set the advanced services/power management off or turn it on
    and set the time to 1440 minutes (highest allowable time), within 5
    minutes the lcd fades to a blank screen.

    Can anyone help?
    Fedora newbie

  2. Re: Fedora power management service

    On Tuesday 08 March 2005 09:11 am, rl_connected wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I currently have fedora 3 installed with gnome desktop.
    > I am using an lcd.
    > I have tried unsuccessfully to disable power management services to the
    > lcd.
    > I need it to display 24/7.
    > Even if I set the advanced services/power management off or turn it on
    > and set the time to 1440 minutes (highest allowable time), within 5
    > minutes the lcd fades to a blank screen.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    > Fedora newbie

    look in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

    comment like this: