fedora core 3 and gam_server - Redhat

This is a discussion on fedora core 3 and gam_server - Redhat ; I just installed Fedora core 3 with selinix. THere is a daemon "gam_server" running that I don't want or need. Where do I go to STOP that from getting loaded and kept running ? When I kill it it just ...

  1. fedora core 3 and gam_server

    I just installed Fedora core 3 with selinix.
    THere is a daemon "gam_server" running that I don't want or need.
    Where do I go to STOP that from getting loaded and kept running ?
    When I kill it it just restarts.

    thanks in advance ,
    Mitch

  2. Re: fedora core 3 and gam_server

    If it's not something you can use /sbin/chkconfig tool to de-register
    it (see switches on that command) and then pull out of /etc/init.d,
    then you it's probably loading from xinetd, which has a FAQ for that on
    the Internet.

    If it hangs your system after removing this, then do a failsafe boot
    with failsafe disc, then mount drive, connect to where this service is,
    put it back in /etc/init.d, and use /sbin/chkconfig again to add it
    back. That is, unless, it's an xinetd type of service.

    (I'm not a big fan of xinetd because I think the /etc/init.d and
    chkconfig approach is more straight-forward.)

+ Reply to Thread