Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9 - Redhat ; My goal is to get my home Linux box to go through my NAT router and DSL modem connection, and on to my corporate VPN. I've managed this with the Cisco VPN client on Windows and now I just want ...

  1. Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9

    My goal is to get my home Linux box to go through my NAT router and DSL
    modem connection, and on to my corporate VPN. I've managed this with
    the Cisco VPN client on Windows and now I just want to get this going
    on Linux. Oh, and I use an RSA SecurID keyfob instead of certificates.

    It looks like either my OpenSwan that I have installed is not capable
    of handling SecurID connections, or I just don't understand the
    complexity of how to make the proper ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets
    files.

    So I give up!!!

    So, is there a way to piggy back on to my W2K VPN connection? I think I
    could write a short script from Linux to remotely trigger the W2K VPN
    connection. But once it's established, how do I get my Linux box to
    utilize it, allowing me to use rdesktop and vncclient through the W2K
    VPN connection in order to get onto my Windows Terminal Servers and
    Linux boxes at my office?

    (Note: My W2K and Linux boxes sit on a hub that both share the NAT
    router and DSL modem connection. I can ping the W2K box from my Linux
    box and vice-versa.)

    You might be able to translate this question as, "I have a W2K
    workstation with 2 network connections in it. One is to the LAN. The
    other is to the VPN. If my Linux box sits on the same subnet, how can
    it get on the VPN subnet through the W2K VPN connection?"

  2. Re: Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9

    In article <1109738634.592535.196140@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    googlemike@hotpop.com wrote:
    > My goal is to get my home Linux box to go through my NAT router and DSL
    > modem connection, and on to my corporate VPN. I've managed this with
    > the Cisco VPN client on Windows and now I just want to get this going
    > on Linux. Oh, and I use an RSA SecurID keyfob instead of certificates.
    >
    > It looks like either my OpenSwan that I have installed is not capable
    > of handling SecurID connections, or I just don't understand the
    > complexity of how to make the proper ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets
    > files.
    >
    > So I give up!!!
    >
    > So, is there a way to piggy back on to my W2K VPN connection? I think I
    > could write a short script from Linux to remotely trigger the W2K VPN
    > connection. But once it's established, how do I get my Linux box to
    > utilize it, allowing me to use rdesktop and vncclient through the W2K
    > VPN connection in order to get onto my Windows Terminal Servers and
    > Linux boxes at my office?
    >
    > (Note: My W2K and Linux boxes sit on a hub that both share the NAT
    > router and DSL modem connection. I can ping the W2K box from my Linux
    > box and vice-versa.)
    >
    > You might be able to translate this question as, "I have a W2K
    > workstation with 2 network connections in it. One is to the LAN. The
    > other is to the VPN. If my Linux box sits on the same subnet, how can
    > it get on the VPN subnet through the W2K VPN connection?"

    You can download the Cisco VPN client for Linux free from Cisco's site - I've
    used it in the past and it works fine.

    Kevin

  3. Re: Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9

    Got a link? I couldn't find it for "free".

  4. Re: Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9

    I found more advice for the Cisco VPN...

    http://www.cs.uu.nl/technical/services/vpn/

    This is the latest version of the client, a friend tells me, and it
    works on 2.6 (allegedly).

    Meanwhile, another friend mentioned to me to use another tool, 'vpnc',
    so that I can still access local lan resources. He said to use it with
    settings similar to this:

    /etc/vpnc.conf:
    IPSec gateway .com
    IPSec ID
    IPSec secret
    Xauth username
    Perfect Forward Secrecy nopfs
    IKE DH Group dh2

  5. Re: Getting Corp VPN Client Going From RH9

    In article <1109878403.949245.16940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.c om>,
    googlemike@hotpop.com wrote:
    > Got a link? I couldn't find it for "free".

    I haven't used it in a couple years...sorry.

    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread