Problem with oracle ulimit on RedHat AS 3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Problem with oracle ulimit on RedHat AS 3 - Redhat ; Dear usenet, I need help with the linux bash command: ulimit. When I run it from my oracle account, I see this: ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536 bash: ulimit: max user processes: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted I'd like ...

  1. Problem with oracle ulimit on RedHat AS 3

    Dear usenet,

    I need help with the linux bash command: ulimit.

    When I run it from my oracle account,
    I see this:

    ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536
    bash: ulimit: max user processes: cannot modify limit: Operation not
    permitted

    I'd like to get the command working.

    According to my Oracle docs I need to edit 2 files:

    Add the following lines to /etc/security/limits.conf file:

    * soft nproc 2047
    * hard nproc 16384
    * soft nofile 2048
    * hard nofile 65536

    Add the following line to the /etc/pam.d/login file:

    session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so

    So, I edited the above 2 files and then rebooted.

    I still get the ulimit error.

    Anyone out there see this problem and know how to fix it?

    Here is info about my redhat AS:

    royal:/etc# uname -a
    Linux royal.pain.com 2.4.21-27.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Dec 24 01:28:09 GMT
    2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    royal:/etc#

    -moi

  2. Re: Problem with oracle ulimit on RedHat AS 3

    Hi again,
    I got a clue over at c.d.o.s:

    the clue sent me here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...bug&btnG=Googl...

    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thre...read=232698&me...

    So, be sure to include the configuration statement
    "UsePrivilegeSeparation no"
    in your sshd configuration file (found in /etc/ssh/sshd_config).

    -moi

+ Reply to Thread