Until recently, I had my HP Scanjet (SCSI) scanner working reliably on
Core3, but then I got greedy and wanted the TV working. I changed my
WinTV card and Core3 discovered it and set it up, and TVTime worked fine.

A few days later, I tried to scan a document, and XSane came up with
"Brooktree BT878" in it's header instead of the HP29xx it normally has.
I've tried anything I can think of to get xsane to revert back to my
scanner, but with no luck. Even deleting the .drc file in .sane/xsane
directory has no lasting effect. I'm puzzeled... Is this a known bug or
something?

--

-bob-