What files are actually _read_ during bootup or network restart
of Fedora Core 2 to establish the network routing?

It seems like any time I need to _change_ anything, the configuration
tools do nothing but screw me up and I get messages like "no route
to host" or somesuch. I'd probably do better tweaking the existing
files if I could figure out which ones to tweak. My most recent
exasperation was with swapping out a router.

For example, I find identical copies of the files ifcfg-eth0 and
route-eth0 in:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/

But maybe none of these are the files I need to tweak.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan