redhat exchange client - Redhat

This is a discussion on redhat exchange client - Redhat ; I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their Evolution page ...

  1. redhat exchange client

    I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for Redhat
    and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy
    and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their Evolution
    page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they want me to
    download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop Suite!! All I need
    is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is fine, I'm avoiding OWA for
    now but that may be the route I go). Thanks for any pointers.

  2. Re: redhat exchange client

    "Rob" wrote in message
    >I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for
    >Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy
    > and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their Evolution
    > page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they want me to
    > download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop Suite!! All I need
    > is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is fine, I'm avoiding OWA for
    > now but that may be the route I go). Thanks for any pointers.

    btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is a 2.0xxx
    version at
    gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and yum both
    tell me 1.4 is the latest
    version.

  3. Re: redhat exchange client

    "Rob" wrote in message

    > "Rob" wrote in message
    >>I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for
    >>Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy
    >> and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their Evolution
    >> page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they want me to
    >> download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop Suite!! All I
    >> need is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is fine, I'm avoiding
    >> OWA for now but that may be the route I go). Thanks for any pointers.
    >>

    > btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is a
    > 2.0xxx version at
    > gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and yum
    > both tell me 1.4 is the latest
    > version.

    [root@fedora rob]# rpm -Uvh
    ftp://194.199.20.114/linux/fedora/co...1.4-1.i386.rpm
    Retrieving
    ftp://194.199.20.114/linux/fedora/co...1.4-1.i386.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    ORBit2 >= 2.9.8 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    evolution-data-server >= 1.1.4.1 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    gnome-icon-theme >= 1.3.6 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    gnutls is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    gtk2 >= 2.4.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libbonoboui >= 2.4.2 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4) is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libcamel-1.2.so.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libcamel-provider-1.2.so.2 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libebook-1.2.so.3 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libecal-1.2.so.1 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libedataserver-1.2.so.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libedataserverui-1.2.so.4 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libegroupwise-1.2.so.2 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgal-2.4.so.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgal-a11y-2.4.so.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgal2 >= 2:2.3.3 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgcrypt.so.11 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgnutls.so.11 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgpg-error.so.0 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgstreamer-0.8.so.1 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libgtkhtml-3.6.so.15 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    liblber-2.2.so.7 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libldap-2.2.so.7 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libsoup >= 2.2.2 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    libsoup-2.2.so.7 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    mozilla-nspr >= 37:1.7.5 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    mozilla-nss >= 37:1.7.5 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    redhat-menus >= 1.13 is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    spamassassin is needed by evolution-2.1.4-1
    [root@fedora rob]#

  4. Re: redhat exchange client

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:00:36 +0000, Rob wrote:

    > "Rob" wrote in message
    >>I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for
    >>Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy
    >> and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their Evolution
    >> page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they want me to
    >> download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop Suite!! All I need
    >> is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is fine, I'm avoiding OWA for
    >> now but that may be the route I go). Thanks for any pointers.
    >>

    > btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is a 2.0xxx
    > version at
    > gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and yum both
    > tell me 1.4 is the latest
    > version.

    When I installed FC3 the Evolution product was included in the Distro and
    it works with my E2K server in native Exchange mode.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  5. Re: redhat exchange client

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.02.18.21.19.02.908647@nowhere.lan...
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:00:36 +0000, Rob wrote:
    >

    >> "Rob" wrote in message
    >>>I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client for
    >>>Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval copy
    >>> and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their
    >>> Evolution
    >>> page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they want me to
    >>> download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop Suite!! All I
    >>> need
    >>> is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is fine, I'm avoiding OWA
    >>> for
    >>> now but that may be the route I go). Thanks for any pointers.
    >>>

    >> btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is a
    >> 2.0xxx
    >> version at
    >> gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and yum
    >> both
    >> tell me 1.4 is the latest
    >> version.

    > When I installed FC3 the Evolution product was included in the Distro and
    > it works with my E2K server in native Exchange mode.
    >

    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Thanks, I'm about halfway through downloading the FC3 distro now actually
    .

  6. Re: redhat exchange client

    Leythos wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:00:36 +0000, Rob wrote:
    >

    >> "Rob" wrote in message
    >>> I was researching to see if there was a Microsoft Exchange client
    >>> for Redhat and came across Evolution, I went looking for an eval
    >>> copy
    >>> and it appears Novell owns the software now. So I see on their
    >>> Evolution page they offer a download, so I follow the link and they
    >>> want me to download and install the ENTIRE 1.5 gig Novell Desktop
    >>> Suite!! All I need is a friggin exchange client (Exchange 2000 is
    >>> fine, I'm avoiding OWA for now but that may be the route I go).
    >>> Thanks for any pointers.
    >>>

    >> btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is
    >> a 2.0xxx version at
    >> gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and
    >> yum both tell me 1.4 is the latest
    >> version.

    > When I installed FC3 the Evolution product was included in the Distro
    > and it works with my E2K server in native Exchange mode.

    ok i have it installed and running but dont see an exchange server
    selection when i configure a new account. does this work
    with exchanges shared folders/calendar/contacts etc? or just
    mail?

  7. Re: redhat exchange client

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:10:29 +0000, Rob wrote:

    > Leythos wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:00:36 +0000, Rob wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Rob" wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> btw, i realized i have evolution 1.4 installed, i've found there is
    >>> a 2.0xxx version at
    >>> gnome.org, but the dependencies are killing me. using apt-get and
    >>> yum both tell me 1.4 is the latest
    >>> version.

    >> When I installed FC3 the Evolution product was included in the Distro
    >> and it works with my E2K server in native Exchange mode.

    > ok i have it installed and running but dont see an exchange server
    > selection when i configure a new account. does this work
    > with exchanges shared folders/calendar/contacts etc? or just
    > mail?

    I see my mail, contacts, tasks, and Calendar. I never tried to pull shared
    items (like the public calendar or other public items).

    there is a subscribe to other users folder option, but I've not used it
    yet.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  8. Re: redhat exchange client

    Leythos wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:10:29 +0000, Rob wrote:

    >>> When I installed FC3 the Evolution product was included in the
    >>> Distro and it works with my E2K server in native Exchange mode.

    >> ok i have it installed and running but dont see an exchange server
    >> selection when i configure a new account. does this work
    >> with exchanges shared folders/calendar/contacts etc? or just
    >> mail?

    > I see my mail, contacts, tasks, and Calendar. I never tried to pull
    > shared items (like the public calendar or other public items).
    >
    > there is a subscribe to other users folder option, but I've not used
    > it yet.

    great, just installed the exchange connector and will give it a shot

+ Reply to Thread