gaim for fedora 3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on gaim for fedora 3 - Redhat ; does anybody know where can i download gaim for fedora 3. i visited the gaim's website and it stated that i should visit one of the mirrors found in redhat.com's site. i tried some but could not find any, probably ...

  1. gaim for fedora 3

    does anybody know where can i download gaim for fedora 3. i visited the
    gaim's website and it stated that i should visit one of the mirrors
    found in redhat.com's site. i tried some but could not find any,
    probably due to me being a complete newbie. any pointers is appreciated.

  2. Re: gaim for fedora 3

    - wrote:

    > does anybody know where can i download gaim for fedora 3. i visited
    > the gaim's website and it stated that i should visit one of the
    > mirrors
    > found in redhat.com's site. i tried some but could not find any,
    > probably due to me being a complete newbie. any pointers is
    > appreciated.

    It's one of the packages in Fedora Core 3, check you media for the gaim
    RPM or try the following;

    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install gaim

    # yum check-update
    # yum install gaim

    rpm -Uvh
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...0.FC3.i386.rpm

    The above is one long line with a space after -Uvh' and the rest of the
    command.

  3. Re: gaim for fedora 3

    get hold of the gaim rpm file from fedora's server or on you installation
    CD. newer stable versions will be updated automatically from them on.

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...s/Fedora/RPMS/

    ---- 19 Owls ----

    > does anybody know where can i download gaim for fedora 3. i visited the
    > gaim's website and it stated that i should visit one of the mirrors
    > found in redhat.com's site. i tried some but could not find any,
    > probably due to me being a complete newbie. any pointers is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread