Fedora Linux Licensing - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Linux Licensing - Redhat ; Can somebody please explain the licensing for Fedora? I know it is avaiable for free via the web. Is this product only free for use at home? Or can a business download this product and use for commecial use? If ...

  1. Fedora Linux Licensing

    Can somebody please explain the licensing for Fedora?

    I know it is avaiable for free via the web.

    Is this product only free for use at home? Or can a business download
    this product and use for commecial use?

    If the answer to the above question is yes, then what about some of
    the bundled software included my Mysql?

    Thanks for answer.

    pab

  2. Re: Fedora Linux Licensing

    pablo wrote:

    > Can somebody please explain the licensing for Fedora?

    OK

    > I know it is avaiable for free via the web.
    >
    > Is this product only free for use at home? Or can a business download
    > this product and use for commecial use?

    Yes in both cases.

    > If the answer to the above question is yes, then what about some of
    > the bundled software included my Mysql?

    The same as above, all the packages can be used for personal, home.
    business and commercial as long as you follow the license agreements.

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...86/os/eula.txt
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu.../3/i386/os/GPL

    > Thanks for answer.

    Your welcome.