Upgrade RH9 to Fedora 3 with yum? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Upgrade RH9 to Fedora 3 with yum? - Redhat ; Is it possible to upgrade from Redhat 9 to Fedora 3 using yum? I have a hardware configuration (2940 SCSI Card and SCSI CDROM) that is not compatible with the install CD. With Fedora 3 you can't make a boot ...

  1. Upgrade RH9 to Fedora 3 with yum?

    Is it possible to upgrade from Redhat 9 to Fedora 3 using yum? I have
    a hardware configuration (2940 SCSI Card and SCSI CDROM) that is not
    compatible with the install CD. With Fedora 3 you can't make a boot
    floppy since the kernel is to big. I am kind of trying this by
    upgrading through yum to Fedora 1. (Trying to upgrade through stages.)
    But for some reason it shows that I have updated to Fedora 3, but all
    the network services have stopped working.

    Any one have a cookbook method on how to do this?

  2. Re: Upgrade RH9 to Fedora 3 with yum?

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:28:58 +0000, Ronald Hahm thoughtfully wrote:

    > Is it possible to upgrade from Redhat 9 to Fedora 3 using yum? I have a
    > hardware configuration (2940 SCSI Card and SCSI CDROM) that is not
    > compatible with the install CD. With Fedora 3 you can't make a boot
    > floppy since the kernel is to big. I am kind of trying this by upgrading
    > through yum to Fedora 1. (Trying to upgrade through stages.)
    > But for some reason it shows that I have updated to Fedora 3, but all
    > the network services have stopped working.
    >
    > Any one have a cookbook method on how to do this?

    I don't think you can upgrade with yum but you can or a network or by
    using ftp.

+ Reply to Thread