Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall - Redhat

This is a discussion on Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall - Redhat ; "James Garvin" wrote in message news:qJqdnYg96Nfj-5_fRVn-1A@comcast.com... > C C wrote: > > I'm looking for a Proxy Server/Firewall that runs on Linux to replace our > > Wingate Proxy server. I don't want to go with Microsoft's ISA server. > ...

  1. Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall

    "James Garvin" wrote in message
    > C C wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a Proxy Server/Firewall that runs on Linux to replace

    our
    > > Wingate Proxy server. I don't want to go with Microsoft's ISA server.
    > >
    > > The Proxy server must have some kind of internal database for user
    > > authentication. I don't want everybody to access the Internet. NOT by

    IP
    > > Address either. It has to be by user.

    > Squid and Squidguard and IPTables for the firewall. You might also want
    > to pickup Bastile Linux to really secure everything down.
    >
    > Smoothwall is also very nice.
    >
    > Make sure you also pickup Webmin to administer all your "stuff"...it
    > makes life a lot easier.

    I googled Webmin and it led me to Debian which doesn't seem to have packaged
    archive for download. There were thousands of files in the multiple
    folders.

    Is there a ONE packaged archive for Webmin?

  2. Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall

    begin not.binary!

    And C C confused OE posters with...

    Try http://www.webmin.com/
    --
    "Everyday hurts a little more.
    And I'll do anything. Yes, I'll do anything,

  3. Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall

    C C wrote:
    > "James Garvin" wrote in message
    >
    >>C C wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for a Proxy Server/Firewall that runs on Linux to replace

    > our
    >
    >>>Wingate Proxy server. I don't want to go with Microsoft's ISA server.
    >>>
    >>>The Proxy server must have some kind of internal database for user
    >>>authentication. I don't want everybody to access the Internet. NOT by

    > IP
    >
    >>>Address either. It has to be by user.

    >>Squid and Squidguard and IPTables for the firewall. You might also want
    >> to pickup Bastile Linux to really secure everything down.
    >>
    >>Smoothwall is also very nice.
    >>
    >>Make sure you also pickup Webmin to administer all your "stuff"...it
    >>makes life a lot easier.
    >>

    > I googled Webmin and it led me to Debian which doesn't seem to have packaged
    > archive for download. There were thousands of files in the multiple
    > folders.
    >
    > Is there a ONE packaged archive for Webmin?

    www.webmin.com

  4. Re: Proxy Server Plus Firewall

    >> I googled Webmin and it led me to Debian which doesn't seem to have

    packaged
    > > archive for download. There were thousands of files in the multiple
    > > folders.
    > >
    > > Is there a ONE packaged archive for Webmin?

    > www.webmin.com

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread