AC97 sound card on fc2 - Redhat

This is a discussion on AC97 sound card on fc2 - Redhat ; Hello, Question got a friend with an fc2 box, he's downloading fc3, but he's on dialup so it'll be a while, so he installed fc2. The problem is his machine has an internal integrated AC97 sound card, i do not ...

  1. AC97 sound card on fc2

    Hello,
    Question got a friend with an fc2 box, he's downloading fc3, but he's on
    dialup so it'll be a while, so he installed fc2. The problem is his machine
    has an internal integrated AC97 sound card, i do not like these and told him
    so, and fc2 is not detecting it. He's tried to run sndconfig, but says it's
    not there. I've checked my installation source and found he's right. My
    cards have always showed up so i'm not sure what this issue is. Any help
    appreciated. Some urgency!
    Thanks.
    Dave/Tom

  2. Re: AC97 sound card on fc2

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:15:53 +0000, dave wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Question got a friend with an fc2 box, he's downloading fc3, but he's on
    > dialup so it'll be a while, so he installed fc2. The problem is his machine
    > has an internal integrated AC97 sound card, i do not like these and told him
    > so, and fc2 is not detecting it. He's tried to run sndconfig, but says it's
    > not there. I've checked my installation source and found he's right. My
    > cards have always showed up so i'm not sure what this issue is. Any help
    > appreciated. Some urgency!
    > Thanks.
    > Dave/Tom

    AC97? It's probably NVidia chipset. Your friend should download NFORCE
    drivers from www.nvidia.com. I got it to work, disabled it in the BIOS and
    bought SBLive.

+ Reply to Thread