Fedora Core 3 and pilot port - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 3 and pilot port - Redhat ; I have an unusual situation syncing my palm m125. The usual port that I have pilot-xfer (or gnome-pilot, whatever) look at is /dev/ttyUSB1. Of course before I use it I have to change permissions on the device. The unusual situation ...

  1. Fedora Core 3 and pilot port

    I have an unusual situation syncing my palm m125. The usual port that I
    have pilot-xfer (or gnome-pilot, whatever) look at is /dev/ttyUSB1. Of
    course before I use it I have to change permissions on the device. The
    unusual situation is that when I turn my palm device off, the port
    disappears. When I push the hotsync button again, it reappears but without
    the changed permissions. So I have to su to root, change the permissions
    again, and run pilot-xfer.

    Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

  2. Re: Fedora Core 3 and pilot port

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:22:01 +0000, Ed LaBonte wrote:

    > I have an unusual situation syncing my palm m125. The usual port that I
    > have pilot-xfer (or gnome-pilot, whatever) look at is /dev/ttyUSB1. Of
    > course before I use it I have to change permissions on the device. The
    > unusual situation is that when I turn my palm device off, the port
    > disappears. When I push the hotsync button again, it reappears but
    > without the changed permissions. So I have to su to root, change the
    > permissions again, and run pilot-xfer.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

    Check/modify the /etc/udev/permissions.d file (man udev for the details).