Webmail software? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Webmail software? - Redhat ; Is there a Open Software package that provides web based interface to sendmail? If so, what is its name & from where might I be able to download it? I will be hosting my own SMTP server & would like ...

  1. Webmail software?

    Is there a Open Software package that provides web based interface
    to sendmail?

    If so, what is its name & from where might I be able to download it?

    I will be hosting my own SMTP server & would like to put up a
    web based GUI for a small handful of remote users.

    In case it matters this will be on a V3 AS system.

    TIA!

  2. Re: Webmail software?

    "IANAL_VISTA" wrote in message
    > Is there a Open Software package that provides web based interface
    > to sendmail?
    >
    > If so, what is its name & from where might I be able to download it?
    >
    > I will be hosting my own SMTP server & would like to put up a
    > web based GUI for a small handful of remote users.
    >
    > In case it matters this will be on a V3 AS system.
    >
    > TIA!

    You should already have squirrelmail.

    Randy

  3. Re: Webmail software?

    "Randy McLaughlin" wrote in

    > "IANAL_VISTA" wrote in message
    >> Is there a Open Software package that provides web based interface
    >> to sendmail?
    >>
    >> If so, what is its name & from where might I be able to download it?
    >>
    >> I will be hosting my own SMTP server & would like to put up a
    >> web based GUI for a small handful of remote users.
    >>
    >> In case it matters this will be on a V3 AS system.
    >>
    >> TIA!

    > You should already have squirrelmail.
    >
    > Randy

    If I do, I didn't know I did have it or what squirrelmail did.
    So, I'm off to RTFM.

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Webmail software?

    > "Randy McLaughlin" wrote in
    >
    > > "IANAL_VISTA" wrote in message
    > >> Is there a Open Software package that provides web based interface
    > >> to sendmail?
    > >>
    > >> If so, what is its name & from where might I be able to download it?
    > >>
    > >> I will be hosting my own SMTP server & would like to put up a
    > >> web based GUI for a small handful of remote users.
    > >>
    > >> In case it matters this will be on a V3 AS system.
    > >>
    > >> TIA!

    > > You should already have squirrelmail.
    > >
    > > Randy

    > If I do, I didn't know I did have it or what squirrelmail did.
    > So, I'm off to RTFM.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Redhat includes sqirrelmail.

    It's a good package, it requires you to turn on imap.

    Just go to www.squirrelmail.org and start reading. It's simple to setup.

    Randy

  5. Re: Webmail software?

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:52:59 -0600, Randy McLaughlin wrote:

    > "IANAL_VISTA" wrote in message
    >> "Randy McLaughlin" wrote in
    >>
    >> > "IANAL_VISTA" wrote in message

    >> > You should already have squirrelmail.
    >> >
    >> > Randy

    >> If I do, I didn't know I did have it or what squirrelmail did.
    >> So, I'm off to RTFM.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Redhat includes sqirrelmail.
    >
    > It's a good package, it requires you to turn on imap.
    >
    > Just go to www.squirrelmail.org and start reading. It's simple to setup.
    >
    > Randy

    Make sure you set your site specific settings by running
    /usr/share/squirrelmail/configs/conf.pl or something like that. I'm
    using White Box Linux and Squirrelmail and have no serious complaints.

+ Reply to Thread