How to Recover Passwd - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to Recover Passwd - Redhat ; I have one Redhat Linux installed on Intel box and somehow the password is loss. Now it starts to gui for login. I don't have boot disk either (lost too). So how can I interrupt the booting sequence to get ...

  1. How to Recover Passwd

    I have one Redhat Linux installed on Intel box and somehow the password is
    loss. Now it starts to gui for login.

    I don't have boot disk either (lost too). So how can I interrupt the
    booting sequence to get to lilo to change root passwd?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Ste

  2. Re: How to Recover Passwd

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:11:43 -0500, Ste wrote:
    > I have one Redhat Linux installed on Intel box and somehow the password is
    > loss. Now it starts to gui for login.
    >
    > I don't have boot disk either (lost too). So how can I interrupt the
    > booting sequence to get to lilo to change root passwd?

    Hit the tab or Esc key before it starts loading the kernel.

+ Reply to Thread