redhat enterprise 3 and vncserver question - Redhat

This is a discussion on redhat enterprise 3 and vncserver question - Redhat ; Good Day Is there a trick to getting vncserver (the one packaged with redhat) to start at boot time. I tried chkconfig and the services gui but it fails . The only failure message I can find says "Xvnc stopped". ...

  1. redhat enterprise 3 and vncserver question

    Good Day

    Is there a trick to getting vncserver (the one packaged with redhat)
    to start at boot time. I tried chkconfig and the services gui but it
    fails . The only failure message I can find says "Xvnc stopped".
    In RH8 & 9 it works fine.

    Thanx

    Randy

  2. Re: redhat enterprise 3 and vncserver question

    wrote in message

    > Good Day
    >
    > Is there a trick to getting vncserver (the one packaged with redhat)
    > to start at boot time. I tried chkconfig and the services gui but it
    > fails . The only failure message I can find says "Xvnc stopped".
    > In RH8 & 9 it works fine.

    Have you configured the /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file? Have you set a VNC
    password for the user you are trying to start VNC as?

    --
    William Hooper

    Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

  3. Re: redhat enterprise 3 and vncserver question

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:17:03 GMT, "William Hooper"
    wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >>

    >> Good Day
    >>
    >> Is there a trick to getting vncserver (the one packaged with redhat)
    >> to start at boot time. I tried chkconfig and the services gui but it
    >> fails . The only failure message I can find says "Xvnc stopped".
    >> In RH8 & 9 it works fine.

    >Have you configured the /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file? Have you set a VNC
    >password for the user you are trying to start VNC as?

    Fixing the vncservers file got it up and running.

    Thanx

    Randy

+ Reply to Thread