screen shot on linux RH - Redhat

This is a discussion on screen shot on linux RH - Redhat ; Any way to do a screen capture on linux like windows and save it to a file? Thanks, Frank...

  1. screen shot on linux RH

    Any way to do a screen capture on linux like windows and save it to a file?

    Thanks,

    Frank

  2. Re: screen shot on linux RH

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:53:05 +0000, Frank wrote:

    > Any way to do a screen capture on linux like windows and save it to a file?

    On recent versions of RH using the Gnome desktop hitting the "Print Sreen"
    key will bring up a screen capture tool. Otherwise there's xwd (see 'man
    xwd').

    --
    The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

  3. Re: screen shot on linux RH

    Frank wrote in message news:...
    > Any way to do a screen capture on linux like windows and save it to a file?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Frank

    Both Gimp and xv are able to do this (if installed).
    You can also do it directly from terminal with 'import' command. More
    info with 'man import'

    ,Kimmo

+ Reply to Thread