Maybe I'm just hallucinating, but I'm sure that pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL
in my RH9 while in X (runlevel 5) used to bring up a dialog giving me
three option:
1. logoff
2. shutdown
3. reboot

now it automatically logs me off without any options.

my /etc/inittab says:

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now

which suggests it should be rebooting if it were indeed following
this. Clearly(?) X is trapping the CTLR+ALT+DEL and doing its own
thing. I say this because my CTRL+mouseCLICK no longer makes it to
Mozilla when I'm in Gnome.

I've been through the keyboard shortcuts in gconf-editor apps/metacity
and these two things are not bound there.

How can I get the old CTRL+ALT+DEL functionality back, and where is
this defined?

Thanks.