Fedora 2 Installation of RPMs - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora 2 Installation of RPMs - Redhat ; I find cannot install rpms with a click of a mouse from kde or gnome in fedora 2 as I was able to do in fedora 1. Since I had a doubt I have installed everything in Fedora 2. It ...

  1. Fedora 2 Installation of RPMs

    I find cannot install rpms with a click of a mouse from kde or gnome
    in fedora 2 as I was able to do in fedora 1.

    Since I had a doubt I have installed everything in Fedora 2.

    It still does'nt work

    Please help

  2. Re: Fedora 2 Installation of RPMs

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:50:05 -0700, tabascal wrote:

    > I find cannot install rpms with a click of a mouse from kde or gnome
    > in fedora 2 as I was able to do in fedora 1.
    >
    > Since I had a doubt I have installed everything in Fedora 2.
    >
    > It still does'nt work
    >
    > Please help

    I have the same problem. That only thing I found on bugzilla was the
    following:

    Opened by (Paul Mc Clure) on 2004-06-12 13:15

    Description of problem:x-rpm will not install rpm files. here is the
    message i get. Sorry I just moved to unix an I know nothing about its
    associating programs. I thought this was buildin.
    "You can configure GNOME to associate applications with file types. Do
    you want to associate an application with this file type now?

    Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

    How reproducible: i just installed

    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. I downloaded a rpm file in install(any)
    2. double-clicked on it
    3. Get the error message

    Actual results:There is no action associated with
    "xxx.xxxxxxx.x.x.i386.rpm".

    Expected results: software to install

    Additional info:?

    ------- Additional Comment #1 From Alan Cox on 2004-06-19 07:14 -------

    Seems a not unreasonable expectation. Moved to shared-mime-types as I
    *think* that is where such a change would need to go.

    ------- Additional Comment #2 From Alan Cox on 2004-06-19 07:15 -------

    Severity set to low because opening a comamnd line and using rpm works
    for installing packages.

    What application should be in the Application Preference Order? The
    command line does work fine but I would prefer a GUI type app... like
    Fedora 1. What did Fedora 1 use?

    twe

+ Reply to Thread