Greetings All, I am a newbie to Redhat and I wanted to go throught he
excercise of upgrading the kernel of an AS 2.1 install. I have a test
box that I can afford to muck up. The install is the default install
with not patches ever having been installed. The current kernel I
have is:

[oracle@bobo3 db101]$ uname -r
2.4.9-e.3

I want to upgrade to 2.4.9-e.38. I have in my possession the
following
rpms:

kernel-enterprise-2.4.9-e.38.i686.rpm
kernel-headers-2.4.9-e.38.i386.rpm
kernel-source-2.4.9-e.38.i386.rpm

What I don't have is the documentation on how to do the upgrade? Can
anyone here point me in the right direction regarding directions.
Also, do I have all the rpm's needed, if not then which ones do I
need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I have the GRUB installer loaded and no LILO.