mp3 support - Redhat

This is a discussion on mp3 support - Redhat ; could someone point me to a URL on why Redhat took out mp3 support, i cannot find one searching through google, reason why i ask is that this stupid mandrake user doesnt believe me. thanks -- Registered Linux User #348506...

  1. mp3 support

    --
    Registered Linux User #348506

  2. Re: mp3 support

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:19pm, Sabre scribbled:

    > could someone point me to a URL on why Redhat took out mp3 support, i
    > cannot find one searching through google, reason why i ask is that this
    > stupid mandrake user doesnt believe me. thanks

    This says it all:

    http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/

    Neall

  3. Re: mp3 support

    Linux Doctor wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:19pm, Sabre scribbled:
    >

    >> could someone point me to a URL on why Redhat took out mp3 support,
    >> i cannot find one searching through google, reason why i ask is that
    >> this stupid mandrake user doesnt believe me. thanks

    > This says it all:
    >
    > http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/
    >
    > Neall

    thanks for the url

    --
    Registered Linux User #348506

  4. Re: mp3 support

    if your still having problems

    http://www.fedorafaq.org/

    Has a hole section

    or lastly if you use YUM just type yum search mp3 and yum install mp3 and
    done done and done

    Cheers

    Sumonish
    "Sabre" wrote in message
    news:40b27676$0$4656$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.a u...
    > Linux Doctor wrote:
    > > On Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:19pm, Sabre scribbled:
    > >

    > >> could someone point me to a URL on why Redhat took out mp3 support,
    > >> i cannot find one searching through google, reason why i ask is that
    > >> this stupid mandrake user doesnt believe me. thanks

    > > This says it all:
    > >
    > > http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/
    > >
    > > Neall

    > thanks for the url