Can't run KDE 3.2 on Fedora Core 1 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Can't run KDE 3.2 on Fedora Core 1 - Redhat ; I upgraded from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 1. I then attempted to upgrade from KDE 3.1.4 to 3.2. I had to install some additional RPM's and I had to force the install of the packages to get the install ...

  1. Can't run KDE 3.2 on Fedora Core 1

    I upgraded from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 1. I then attempted to
    upgrade from KDE 3.1.4 to 3.2. I had to install some additional RPM's
    and I had to force the install of the packages to get the install to
    work.
    Now KDE refuses to run when I start X Windows. I just get a blue
    screen with a black arrow cursor.
    What can I do to determine why KDE will not run anymore so I can fix
    this problem?

  2. Re: Can't run KDE 3.2 on Fedora Core 1

    Tron, the same thing happened to me also and I posted in a few hardware
    sites. I used the --nodeps option when installing all the Packs figuring by
    the end I would have everything installed as far as dependencies were
    concerned.
    I can select failsafe and it will boot into a Terminal but when I choose
    either Gnome or Kde it justs stays at the blue
    screen until I use the Power off. I don't want to reinstall and
    something tells me there's a simple fix for it.
    "Tron Thomas" wrote in message
    news:a4171f97.0405231648.77131774@posting.google.c om...
    > I upgraded from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 1. I then attempted to
    > upgrade from KDE 3.1.4 to 3.2. I had to install some additional RPM's
    > and I had to force the install of the packages to get the install to
    > work.
    > Now KDE refuses to run when I start X Windows. I just get a blue
    > screen with a black arrow cursor.
    > What can I do to determine why KDE will not run anymore so I can fix
    > this problem?

+ Reply to Thread