installing Fedora Core 2 - Redhat

This is a discussion on installing Fedora Core 2 - Redhat ; I have an old pentium 166 machine which i would normally have to create an installation boot floppy. In all distros of linux there is the bootdisk.img file in the first cd rom. In Fedora Core 2 this file is ...

  1. installing Fedora Core 2

    I have an old pentium 166 machine which i would normally have to create an
    installation boot floppy. In all distros of linux there is the bootdisk.img
    file in the first cd rom. In Fedora Core 2 this file is not there. My
    question is how do i install Fedora Core 2 on my old machine. I have the 4
    cds ready for installation. The old machine has a good cd rom and floppy.

  2. Re: installing Fedora Core 2

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:54:35 +0000, rawle frank wrote:

    > I have an old pentium 166 machine which i would normally have to create an
    > installation boot floppy. In all distros of linux there is the bootdisk.img
    > file in the first cd rom. In Fedora Core 2 this file is not there. My
    > question is how do i install Fedora Core 2 on my old machine. I have the 4
    > cds ready for installation. The old machine has a good cd rom and floppy.

    If you have a Linux installation on your hard disk already, here's
    a suggestion from the fedora users list:

    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg06003.html

+ Reply to Thread