Installed Fedora Core 2 -> No More POP3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Installed Fedora Core 2 -> No More POP3 - Redhat ; The install went very smoothly after I burned the DVD-ROM from the .iso (that took me two days to download because my portable HD kept barfing). However, I have been wrestling all day with trying to get the POP3 server ...

  1. Installed Fedora Core 2 -> No More POP3

    The install went very smoothly after I burned the DVD-ROM from the .iso
    (that took me two days to download because my portable HD kept barfing).

    However, I have been wrestling all day with trying to get the POP3 server to
    work.

    I understand that Fedora Core 2 switched to CYRUS-IMAPD, and the problem
    seems to be authentication. I'm getting indications in /var/log/maillog that
    the password authentication is failing.

    I've tried everything I can think of, but no joy.

    HELP!

  2. Re: Installed Fedora Core 2 -> No More POP3

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 00:23:11 +0000 Cap'n Jack wrote:

    > I understand that Fedora Core 2 switched to CYRUS-IMAPD, and the problem
    > seems to be authentication. I'm getting indications in /var/log/maillog that
    > the password authentication is failing.

    Use dovecot if you need just a simple POP3 daemon. It comes with FC2 too
    and is default when not upgrading but with a fresh new installation.

    If staying with Cyrus-IMAPd read it's documentation carefully and be sure
    saslauthd is running.

    Alexander

    P.S. massive cross-posting is very unlikely!

    --
    Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
    PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999

+ Reply to Thread