Using ~ on server running vsftpd - Redhat

This is a discussion on Using ~ on server running vsftpd - Redhat ; Hi, I have a linux server running Redhat AS 3.0 and VSFTPD The ftpd process does not appear to resolve ~ correctly. Ex. if I do a cd ~user1 where user1 is a valid login on the system (I can ...

  1. Using ~ on server running vsftpd

    Hi,

    I have a linux server running Redhat AS 3.0 and VSFTPD

    The ftpd process does not appear to resolve ~ correctly. Ex. if I do a
    cd ~user1 where user1 is a valid login on the system (I can ftp to
    the server as user1), I get the following error message:
    550: Cannot change directory

    However, I'm able to directly change to any of the users home directory
    by using the directory path name. Can any changes be made to the vsftpd.conf
    file so that the vsftpd process resolves ~.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Using ~ on server running vsftpd

    sshashi@email.com (Shashi) writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a linux server running Redhat AS 3.0 and VSFTPD
    >
    >The ftpd process does not appear to resolve ~ correctly. Ex. if I do a
    >cd ~user1 where user1 is a valid login on the system (I can ftp to
    >the server as user1), I get the following error message:
    >550: Cannot change directory
    >
    >However, I'm able to directly change to any of the users home directory
    >by using the directory path name. Can any changes be made to the vsftpd.conf
    >file so that the vsftpd process resolves ~.

    I suspect it resolves it just fine. Standard vsftpd configuration only
    allows access below the logged in users home directory.

    scott

+ Reply to Thread