Anyone gotten Evolution and the Exchange Connector to work on FC2? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Anyone gotten Evolution and the Exchange Connector to work on FC2? - Redhat ; Subject says it all. I am curious about what is involved, I haven't even really looked at it hard yet and wanted to know if anyone has already done it. If so are there any pitfalls I need to be ...

  1. Anyone gotten Evolution and the Exchange Connector to work on FC2?

    Subject says it all. I am curious about what is involved, I haven't
    even really looked at it hard yet and wanted to know if anyone has
    already done it.

    If so are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

    Thanks!
    Thomas

  2. Re: Anyone gotten Evolution and the Exchange Connector to work on FC2?

    Email clients do not need special plug ins to access email servers as
    long as the server supports pop3 and smtp. if you can telnet to the
    pop3 and smtp ports from the command line, then it should work.

    i am connecting to Lotus Domino server from Evolution as pop3 and smtp
    server, with a email username and password. I would think same should
    work for exchange server too. but, we can't take anything for granted
    in computers, can we.

    thomas.cameron@camerontech.com (Thomas Cameron) wrote in message news:<90d7f35.0405211443.369ccef6@posting.google.com>...
    > Subject says it all. I am curious about what is involved, I haven't
    > even really looked at it hard yet and wanted to know if anyone has
    > already done it.
    >
    > If so are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Thomas

  3. Re: Anyone gotten Evolution and the Exchange Connector to work on FC2?

    Jay wrote:
    > Email clients do not need special plug ins to access email servers as

    They do if you want to use the 'advanced' options of Exchange like
    shared calendar and the likes. And I think that the OP wants exactly
    that.

    Davide

    --
    | "Irrationality is the square root of all evil" -- Douglas Hofstadter

+ Reply to Thread