did anybody get Adobe's Acrobat Reader to run on FC2 ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on did anybody get Adobe's Acrobat Reader to run on FC2 ? - Redhat ; hello, I just downloaded Acrobat Reader 5.0.8 from Adobe's web site (5.0.8 is the latest one they have for Linux) and installed it, but unfortunately when I start it, it displays error message: Warning: charset UTF-8 not supported, using "ISO8859-1" ...

  1. did anybody get Adobe's Acrobat Reader to run on FC2 ?

    hello,

    I just downloaded Acrobat Reader 5.0.8 from Adobe's web site (5.0.8 is
    the latest one they have for Linux) and installed it, but unfortunately
    when I start it, it displays error message:

    Warning: charset UTF-8 not supported, using "ISO8859-1"
    aborted

    and aborts. Did anybody managed to get it to run on FC2 ? Any help
    is appreciated.

    Regard,
    -Andray

  2. Re: did anybody get Adobe's Acrobat Reader to run on FC2 ?

    Andray Kaganovsky wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > I just downloaded Acrobat Reader 5.0.8 from Adobe's web site (5.0.8 is
    > the latest one they have for Linux) and installed it, but unfortunately
    > when I start it, it displays error message:
    >
    > Warning: charset UTF-8 not supported, using "ISO8859-1"
    > aborted
    >
    > and aborts. Did anybody managed to get it to run on FC2 ? Any help
    > is appreciated.
    >
    > Regard,
    > -Andray

    [AndrayK 2]. I sued the suggestion that I have found in one of Adobe's
    forums, and it worked for me. Basically, I had to add two lines:

    LANG=C
    export LANG

    right after line that specifies 'install_dir' in
    /bini/acroread script. Now Acrobat Reader works.

    -Andray

+ Reply to Thread