nVidia Splash Screen - Redhat

This is a discussion on nVidia Splash Screen - Redhat ; Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time you start up Gnome /KDE ? I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card , everything works fine , except ...

  1. nVidia Splash Screen

    Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time you
    start up Gnome /KDE ?

    I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card ,
    everything works fine , except every time I go to start Gnome or KDE , I get
    this friggin big nVidia splash screen popping up before any of the GUI comes
    up , is really annoying and outright stupid.

    I have tried to find it there is a image file in the nVidia directory , but
    I don't know whether the splash screen is a separate file or it is embedded
    in the driver file.

    I have also checked the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and there is no mention of
    the splash screen.

    Has anybody got any ideas ?

    Thanks.

    --
    Sandgroper
    ----------------------------------

  2. Re: nVidia Splash Screen

    In article <40adf6c7$0$8803$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.au>, Sandgroper wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time you
    > start up Gnome /KDE ?
    >
    > I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card ,
    > everything works fine , except every time I go to start Gnome or KDE , I get
    > this friggin big nVidia splash screen popping up before any of the GUI comes
    > up , is really annoying and outright stupid.

    Look in the README that came with the nVidia drivers -- it's explained in
    there. You need this option in the "Device" section of your XF86Config:

    Option "NoLogo" "1"

    --
    Joshua Baker-LePain
    Department of Biomedical Engineering

  3. Re: nVidia Splash Screen

    wrote:
    > > Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time

    you
    > > start up Gnome /KDE ?
    > >
    > > I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card ,
    > > everything works fine , except every time I go to start Gnome or KDE , I

    get
    > > this friggin big nVidia splash screen popping up before any of the GUI

    comes
    > > up , is really annoying and outright stupid.
    > >

    > Look in the README that came with the nVidia drivers -- it's explained in
    > there. You need this option in the "Device" section of your XF86Config:

    Thanks !
    I tried it and it works.
    I should have checked all of the README file but , it was a bit too long and
    involved , I will have to go through it to see how I can fine tune the video
    card a bit.

    --
    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

  4. Only 800x600 [was Re: nVidia Splash Screen]

    Along a similar line, I downloaded the nVidia drivers and every worked till I
    updated the RH 9 kernel. Now all I get is 800x600, no matter what I put in the
    XF86Config file. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread