FC2-Automount USB devices? - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC2-Automount USB devices? - Redhat ; Any tips on how to get Fedora Core to automount USB devices? The system knows that the device is present, but I'm having problems getting the device mounted. Any help is appreciated. feroce...

  1. FC2-Automount USB devices?

    Any tips on how to get Fedora Core to automount USB devices? The system
    knows that the device is present, but I'm having problems getting the
    device mounted. Any help is appreciated.

    feroce

  2. Re: FC2-Automount USB devices?

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:01:50 GMT, feroce
    wrote:

    >Any tips on how to get Fedora Core to automount USB devices? The system
    >knows that the device is present, but I'm having problems getting the
    >device mounted. Any help is appreciated.
    >
    >feroce

    Do a 'man devlabel'. Devlabel keeps track of devices based on their
    guuid and can automount them regardless of what port they are plugged
    into. (like windows remembering drive letters for removeable usb
    media).

    Works well for me with usb flash drives. I have multiple drives and
    use devlabel to ensure they always get mounted to consistent locations
    (eg the first one goes under /mnt/work_usbdrive and the other
    /mnt/chris_usbdrive)

    -Chris

  3. Re: FC2-Automount USB devices?

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:08:01 +0000, chris wrote:

    > Do a 'man devlabel'. Devlabel keeps track of devices based on their
    > guuid and can automount them regardless of what port they are plugged
    > into. (like windows remembering drive letters for removeable usb
    > media).
    >
    > Works well for me with usb flash drives. I have multiple drives and
    > use devlabel to ensure they always get mounted to consistent locations
    > (eg the first one goes under /mnt/work_usbdrive and the other
    > /mnt/chris_usbdrive)
    >
    > -Chris

    Thanks, Chris. That was something I didn't know about. Learn something new
    every day...

    feroce

+ Reply to Thread