ipaddr -> device - Redhat

This is a discussion on ipaddr -> device - Redhat ; On RedHat 9, programming in C++, on a machine that has several ethernet cards, I need to determine the device (eth0, eth1, etc.) from the ip address (192.168.1.10, etc.). Is there a function that will do this? Thanks in advance ...

  1. ipaddr -> device

    On RedHat 9, programming in C++, on a machine that
    has several ethernet cards, I need to determine the
    device (eth0, eth1, etc.) from the ip address
    (192.168.1.10, etc.). Is there a function that
    will do this?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Mike.

  2. Re: ipaddr -> device

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:06:27 -0400,
    Mike - EMAIL IGNORED posted:

    > On RedHat 9, programming in C++, on a machine that
    > has several ethernet cards, I need to determine the
    > device (eth0, eth1, etc.) from the ip address
    > (192.168.1.10, etc.). Is there a function that
    > will do this?

    Don't know, but if you can parse the output from running /sbin/ifconfig you
    can work it out for yourself.

    --
    If you insist on e-mailing me, use the reply-to address (it's real but
    temporary). But please reply to the group, like you're supposed to.

    This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.

+ Reply to Thread