Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great - Redhat

This is a discussion on Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great - Redhat ; Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just don't cut it with the real dlls. I was using Helixplayer, which was brilliantly basic, but lacked the ...

  1. Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great

    Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL

    I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just
    don't cut it with the real dlls.

    I was using Helixplayer, which was brilliantly basic, but lacked the only
    thing I needed: bookmarks.

    The realplayer10 alpha is simple, with little creepiness The included
    plugins work great with Mozilla.

    Get the tarball, not the rpm. Park it somewhere nice. Symlink "realplay"
    to /usr/bin/realplay, and symlink the contents of the "mozilla" folder to
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. I didn't have to register the thing which was
    refreshing!

    Stable so far, and looks to be built on gtk2 so it actually looks pretty
    decent.

    Grab it here: https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/

    You'll have to create an account
    Totally worth it though if you're one of those folks that are RP dependent
    like myself.

    [puts nomex underpants on top of the asbestos ones]

  2. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great

    now all they need, is a plugin for Mpeg Video.

    "On a still night, you can hear a Window$ box reboot"
    Registered Linux User #334533

  3. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 03:44:18 +0000, Slashdot wrote:

    > now all they need, is a plugin for Mpeg Video.

    It is rather weird that it doesn't handle that--I just use it for mainly
    Swedish National Radio & Television and Air America Radio, and it works
    great for that. Immensely better than the nasty Windows version.

    For vids i use Totem with the Xine-libs. Simple and works for my
    particular (very limited) needs.

  4. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great can also play videos

    maxo wrote in message news:...
    > Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL
    >
    > I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just

    I use Real Player from some time in linux.There is a link for video
    codecs in download page.You have to download this codec to your system
    and copy the files into your real player plugin folder and hola your
    video also works.there is forum on this and u can check it over there.

  5. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great can also play videos

    sree wrote:
    > maxo wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL
    >>
    >>I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just

    > I use Real Player from some time in linux.There is a link for video
    > codecs in download page.You have to download this codec to your system
    > and copy the files into your real player plugin folder and hola your
    > video also works.there is forum on this and u can check it over there.

    where did you download real player10 alpha for linux?

    --
    Registered Linux User #348506

  6. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great can also play videos

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:29:53 +1000, Sabre wrote:

    > sree wrote:
    >> maxo wrote in message news:...
    >>
    >>>Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL
    >>>
    >>>I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just

    >> I use Real Player from some time in linux.There is a link for video
    >> codecs in download page.You have to download this codec to your system
    >> and copy the files into your real player plugin folder and hola your
    >> video also works.there is forum on this and u can check it over there.

    > where did you download real player10 alpha for linux?

    read the original post for link

  7. Re: Realplayer10 alpha out for linux, works great can also play videos

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:45:10 -0700, sree wrote:

    > maxo wrote in message news:...
    >> Better put on my asbestos underpants for mentioning RP LOL
    >>
    >> I'm dependent on foreign radio on dial-up, so Mplayer and friends just

    > I use Real Player from some time in linux.There is a link for video
    > codecs in download page.You have to download this codec to your system
    > and copy the files into your real player plugin folder and hola your
    > video also works.there is forum on this and u can check it over there.

    Video worked out of the box for me--I only ever really watch the news from
    Swedish Television, which is in Real format. Do you mean that their are
    extra codecs for mpeg et. al.?

+ Reply to Thread