Linux threads to process allocation - Redhat

This is a discussion on Linux threads to process allocation - Redhat ; Hi, Is it possible to know which thread (posix/kernel) and even process is allocated to which CPU in the SMP system. I am using RedHat AS 2.1. Thanks...

  1. Linux threads to process allocation

    Hi,

    Is it possible to know which thread (posix/kernel) and even process
    is allocated to which CPU in the SMP system. I am using RedHat AS 2.1.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Linux threads to process allocation

    one1alpha1@yahoo.com (One Alpha) wrote in message news:<11cda1f1.0405182033.611fc6ff@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to know which thread (posix/kernel) and even process
    > is allocated to which CPU in the SMP system. I am using RedHat AS 2.1.
    >
    > Thanks

    Netware is not smp friendly -- so I've no direct experience with
    what's available.

    If ps won't give what you need, you might try:
    sysstat already on your system (update below)
    https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2004-053.html
    or one of these:
    http://procps.sourceforge.net/
    http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html -- eye candy

    Took me forever to remember sysstat -- knew it was there but couldn't
    remember its name;-)

    If you're having problems with a specific app, you may need to "bind"
    it to a specific cpu (cpu affinity) or even irq (irq affinity).

    hth,
    prg
    email above disabled

+ Reply to Thread