DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3 - Redhat ; Hi there, I am going to buy a new x86 desktop computer. Its video card should have dual head output with DVI port. And I need to install Red Hat Linux 7.3 on it. Could you please tell me if ...

  1. DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3

    Hi there,
    I am going to buy a new x86 desktop computer.
    Its video card should have dual head output with DVI port.
    And I need to install Red Hat Linux 7.3 on it.
    Could you please tell me if there is this kind of video cards which can be
    supported by RH7.3? I can't find any one from RedHat's HCL.
    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Ross

  2. Re: DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3

    "Ross" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi there,
    > I am going to buy a new x86 desktop computer.
    > Its video card should have dual head output with DVI port.
    > And I need to install Red Hat Linux 7.3 on it.
    > Could you please tell me if there is this kind of video cards which can be
    > supported by RH7.3? I can't find any one from RedHat's HCL.
    > Thanks a lot in advance,
    > Ross

    Just out of interest, why do you need to install such an old version
    of Redhat? If you were to get a version of Linux from this year then
    you could use any dual head nVidia card, for example.

  3. Re: DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3

    I have to run my products on it which only support 7.3 and earlier versions.
    Thanks,
    Ross

    news:dd394218.0405180224.3f61fb67@posting.google.c om...

    > > Hi there,
    > > I am going to buy a new x86 desktop computer.
    > > Its video card should have dual head output with DVI port.
    > > And I need to install Red Hat Linux 7.3 on it.
    > > Could you please tell me if there is this kind of video cards which can

    be
    > > supported by RH7.3? I can't find any one from RedHat's HCL.
    > > Thanks a lot in advance,
    > > Ross

    > Just out of interest, why do you need to install such an old version
    > of Redhat? If you were to get a version of Linux from this year then
    > you could use any dual head nVidia card, for example.

  4. Re: DVI Video Card for Red Hat Linux 7.3

    Anyway, what's the most popular nVidia video card with dual-head and DVI?
    Thanks,
    Ross

    "Ross" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I am going to buy a new x86 desktop computer.
    > Its video card should have dual head output with DVI port.
    > And I need to install Red Hat Linux 7.3 on it.
    > Could you please tell me if there is this kind of video cards which can be
    > supported by RH7.3? I can't find any one from RedHat's HCL.
    > Thanks a lot in advance,
    > Ross

+ Reply to Thread