Red Hat 7 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Red Hat 7 - Redhat ; Using Disk Druid, I created 2 partitions on a 10 gig hd. No. 1 was 1 gig. The second a 64 meg swap file. I created a boot disk for the linux. This was a hdd with Win98SE on it. ...

  1. Red Hat 7

    Using Disk Druid, I created 2 partitions on a 10 gig hd. No. 1 was 1
    gig. The second a 64 meg swap file. I created a boot disk for the
    linux.

    This was a hdd with Win98SE on it. Now the Win98 says it's partition
    is invalid.

    Is it possible to uninstall Linux and restore the microsoft partition.
    Or ANY other way? I'm really hurting here.

  2. Re: Red Hat 7

    If you want to keep the Linux, please boot to Linux and edit /etc/lilo.conf
    and run lilo command (or GRUB). Here, you need to make sure the Win98 is on
    a correct partition - normally /dev/hdd1
    If you want to remove the Linux, simply root to a dos floppy, and run 'fdisk
    /mbr'.
    Ross

    "Mark Preston" wrote in message
    news:c25ca984.0405171252.6207e11b@posting.google.c om...
    > Using Disk Druid, I created 2 partitions on a 10 gig hd. No. 1 was 1
    > gig. The second a 64 meg swap file. I created a boot disk for the
    > linux.
    >
    > This was a hdd with Win98SE on it. Now the Win98 says it's partition
    > is invalid.
    >
    > Is it possible to uninstall Linux and restore the microsoft partition.
    > Or ANY other way? I'm really hurting here.

  3. Re: Red Hat 7

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:52:23 -0700, Mark Preston wrote:

    > Using Disk Druid, I created 2 partitions on a 10 gig hd. No. 1 was 1
    > gig. The second a 64 meg swap file. I created a boot disk for the
    > linux.
    >
    > This was a hdd with Win98SE on it. Now the Win98 says it's partition
    > is invalid.
    >
    > Is it possible to uninstall Linux and restore the microsoft partition.
    > Or ANY other way? I'm really hurting here.

    Before you muck everything up, run '/sbin/fdisk -l' (without
    the quotes), then cut and paste the results here and let's
    see what we can salvage. Disk Druid should not have touched
    your Win partition.

    Also post the contents of file /etc/lilo.conf (assuming you
    chose Lilo for booting).

+ Reply to Thread