Plugin. - Redhat

This is a discussion on Plugin. - Redhat ; How do you get the Mozilla plugins to work? Like quicktime and java?...

  1. Plugin.

    How do you get the Mozilla plugins to work? Like quicktime and java?

  2. Re: Plugin.

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:56:43 -0500, Bill Hennessy wrote:
    > How do you get the Mozilla plugins to work? Like quicktime and java?

    Depends on the plugin. Some are installed into Mozilla's plugin
    directory and some plugins want links in the plugin directory.

    google_java_142_search_tag in the first box
    *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English

  3. Re: Plugin.

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:56:43 -0500, Bill Hennessy wrote:
    >
    >>How do you get the Mozilla plugins to work? Like quicktime and java?

    > Depends on the plugin. Some are installed into Mozilla's plugin
    > directory and some plugins want links in the plugin directory.
    >

    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    > google_java_142_search_tag in the first box
    > *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English

    Are all the plugins in the same directory? And if so can I start them
    with the path?

  4. Re: Plugin.

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 00:11:54 -0500, Bill Hennessy wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >> Depends on the plugin. Some are installed into Mozilla's plugin
    >> directory and some plugins want links in the plugin directory.

    > Are all the plugins in the same directory?

    You may want the read what I indicated, again. Here is what in in my
    mozilla-1.6/plugins directory.

    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,096 May 9 01:51 .
    drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4,096 Apr 29 21:24 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 856 May 3 13:09 flashplayer.xpt
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1,617,848 May 3 13:09 libflashplayer.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 May 9 01:51 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
    /opt/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20,112 Mar 22 10:14 libnullplugin.so

    > And if so can I start them with the path?

    Guess it depends on the plugin. Since I install the the developers
    java, I have to set the JAVA_HOME and add it/bin to the PATH so I
    could create java modules.

  5. Re: Plugin.

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/en-AU/linux.html

    --
    "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

  6. Re: Plugin.

    Bill Hennessy wrote in message news:<40a3df19$0$18517$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com>...
    > How do you get the Mozilla plugins to work? Like quicktime and java?

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-linux.html
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/en-AU/linux.html

+ Reply to Thread