RH Enterprise Linux v3 -- links of help text illegible - Redhat

This is a discussion on RH Enterprise Linux v3 -- links of help text illegible - Redhat ; We have recently installed RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 on 2 systems. Both are experiencing that the text of links in help pages are displayed as bright green text on white background, which is all but illegible. If another window covers ...

  1. RH Enterprise Linux v3 -- links of help text illegible

    We have recently installed RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 on 2 systems.
    Both are experiencing that the text of links in help pages are
    displayed as bright green text on white background, which is all but
    illegible. If another window covers and then exposes the links or
    they are scrolled off the visible area then back on, they briefly
    switch to blue (legible) but they tend to switch back soon after. The
    only setting I can find that seems relevant is the color setting for
    links in Mozilla, but that seems to have no effect on help pages.

  2. Re: RH Enterprise Linux v3 -- links of help text illegible

    jboncek@hunter.com (John Boncek) wrote in message news:...
    > We have recently installed RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 on 2 systems.
    > Both are experiencing that the text of links in help pages are
    > displayed as bright green text on white background, which is all but
    > illegible. If another window covers and then exposes the links or
    > they are scrolled off the visible area then back on, they briefly
    > switch to blue (legible) but they tend to switch back soon after. The
    > only setting I can find that seems relevant is the color setting for
    > links in Mozilla, but that seems to have no effect on help pages.

    Happens for both the main help (Yelp) accessed from the main menu and
    for the help offered by various applications including glade and
    others.

    I have tried every theme offered under preferences to no avail.

    I have googled both the Web and Groups with search strings such as

    "green text" "white background" linux

    as well as searched Red Hat's own FAQ, etc., and LinuxQuestions.org to
    no avail.

+ Reply to Thread