red hat + win : dual booting : help!! - Redhat

This is a discussion on red hat + win : dual booting : help!! - Redhat ; hi , i am totally new to linux and want to install red hat linux. i want to do it my self. i would like to have a dual installation system. red hat linux and windows 98 or windows xp ...

  1. red hat + win : dual booting : help!!

    hi ,

    i am totally new to linux and want to install red hat linux. i
    want to do it my self. i would like to have a dual installation
    system. red hat linux and windows 98 or windows xp . i do not know
    anything about partioning . please teach me on how to install red hat
    linux and windows together in my system step by step. i have red hat
    linux v9.0

    my system configuration are

    p-iv
    120 gb
    382 ddr ram

    i have tried many times in the past and also visited linux club
    but could not avail anything. please help me . i want do it myself.
    please please teach me

    thanks in advance.

    ritu

  2. Re: red hat + win : dual booting : help!!

    In article , ritu wrote:
    > hi ,
    >

    > i am totally new to linux and want to install red hat linux. i
    > want to do it my self. i would like to have a dual installation
    > system. red hat linux and windows 98 or windows xp . i do not know
    > anything about partioning . please teach me on how to install red hat
    > linux and windows together in my system step by step. i have red hat
    > linux v9.0
    >
    > my system configuration are
    >
    > p-iv
    > 120 gb
    > 382 ddr ram
    >
    > i have tried many times in the past and also visited linux club
    > but could not avail anything. please help me . i want do it myself.
    > please please teach me

    How have you tried it? If you want to do it yourself, why are you asking us?
    Have you read the HOWTOs?

    A quick google search:

    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ual+boot+howto

    Would return enough info for you to get the job done, so try that and then ask
    again of you have specific problems.

    Kevin

  3. Re: red hat + win : dual booting : help!!

    Op Thu, 13 May 2004 12:01:57 -0700, schreef ritu de volgende woorden:

    > hi ,
    >

    > i am totally new to linux and want to install red hat linux. i
    > want to do it my self. i would like to have a dual installation
    > system. red hat linux and windows 98 or windows xp . i do not know
    > anything about partioning . please teach me on how to install red hat
    > linux and windows together in my system step by step. i have red hat
    > linux v9.0
    >
    > my system configuration are
    >
    > p-iv
    > 120 gb
    > 382 ddr ram
    >
    > i have tried many times in the past and also visited linux club
    > but could not avail anything. please help me . i want do it myself.
    > please please teach me
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > ritu

    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/
    I suggest you start with the installation guide and the getting started
    guide

    Dirk

    --
    --- begin virus email ---
    This is a multiplatform virus. Because Bill is the only one who manages to

+ Reply to Thread