APM problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on APM problem - Redhat ; I recently started working with Red Hat 9, installing it in dual boot on a Windows 2000 system. When I get to the boot loader I select Red Hat and it boots fine until it gets to APM, then it ...

  1. APM problem

    I recently started working with Red Hat 9, installing it in dual boot on a
    Windows 2000 system. When I get to the boot loader I select Red Hat and it
    boots fine until it gets to APM, then it stalls and won't continue. If I
    reboot and edit the kernel line with apm=off, it boots fine, but if I reboot
    for any reason, I have to reedit the kernel line. Does anyone know how to
    make the apm=off permanent? Thanks.

    --

    Shawn

    "Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way"

  2. Re: APM problem

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:45:32 +0000, Shawn Zumwalt wrote:

    > I recently started working with Red Hat 9, installing it in dual boot on a
    > Windows 2000 system. When I get to the boot loader I select Red Hat and
    > it boots fine until it gets to APM, then it stalls and won't continue. If
    > I reboot and edit the kernel line with apm=off, it boots fine, but if I
    > reboot for any reason, I have to reedit the kernel line. Does anyone know
    > how to make the apm=off permanent? Thanks.

    Add the apm=off option as a kernel parameter in your boot loader.

  3. Re: APM problem

    Shawn Zumwalt wrote:

    > I recently started working with Red Hat 9, installing it in dual boot on a
    > Windows 2000 system. When I get to the boot loader I select Red Hat and it
    > boots fine until it gets to APM, then it stalls and won't continue. If I
    > reboot and edit the kernel line with apm=off, it boots fine, but if I reboot
    > for any reason, I have to reedit the kernel line. Does anyone know how to
    > make the apm=off permanent? Thanks.

    You can edit the grub.conf file to add apm=off to appropriate line. QED

    ARS

  4. Re: APM problem

    Thanks. I've been pulling my hair out on that one. Never used Red Hat and
    have been trying to learn it.

    Shawn

    "Andrew Spartz" wrote in message
    news:1gdonk4.1ow6zbgaas2ikN%aspartzNOSPAM@pinenet. com...
    > Shawn Zumwalt wrote:
    >
    > > I recently started working with Red Hat 9, installing it in dual boot on

    > > Windows 2000 system. When I get to the boot loader I select Red Hat and

    it
    > > boots fine until it gets to APM, then it stalls and won't continue. If

    > > reboot and edit the kernel line with apm=off, it boots fine, but if I

    reboot
    > > for any reason, I have to reedit the kernel line. Does anyone know how

    > > make the apm=off permanent? Thanks.

    > You can edit the grub.conf file to add apm=off to appropriate line. QED
    >
    > ARS

+ Reply to Thread