init reloading - Redhat

This is a discussion on init reloading - Redhat ; Hello, I've got a fedora core1 system. It's a p3 866 with 128 mb of ram. I am noticing a very unusual problem. At 5 to 7 minute intervals on the console i am getting the message: "init 2.8.5 reloading" ...

  1. init reloading

    Hello,
    I've got a fedora core1 system. It's a p3 866 with 128 mb of ram. I am
    noticing a very unusual problem. At 5 to 7 minute intervals on the console i
    am getting the message:
    "init 2.8.5 reloading"
    in my /var/log/messages i am seeing:
    "init: trying to re-exec init"
    I am not sure if this is related, but on boot kudzu fails on hardware
    detection and advises me to run it from the commandline, which i do and it
    does not turn up any new or conflicting hardware.
    Any help appreciated.
    Dave.

  2. Re: init reloading

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:49:24 GMT,
    "dave" posted:

    > I am not sure if this is related, but on boot kudzu fails on hardware
    > detection and advises me to run it from the commandline, which i do and it
    > does not turn up any new or conflicting hardware.

    I can't help with the other problem, but you don't need to run Kudzu each
    boot. You can disable it as a service, and only run it when your hardware
    changes.

    --
    If you insist on e-mailing me, use the reply-to address (it's real but
    temporary). But please reply to the group, like you're supposed to.

    This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.

+ Reply to Thread