Config Question - Redhat

This is a discussion on Config Question - Redhat ; I would like to setup a HTTP interface where users could type in their email address, and could sign up for a monthly newsletter. On a certain day of the month, the data would be read out of a database, ...

  1. Config Question

    I would like to setup a HTTP interface where users could type in their
    email address, and could sign up for a monthly newsletter. On a certain
    day of the month, the data would be read out of a database, and the email
    would be sent off. Could anyone give me suggestions on how this would best
    be done (Apache + Sendmail + Database?). Is there a specific term for
    this? Any HOWTO's anyone knows about?

    Thanks for the suggestions...

    Wilma

  2. Re: Config Question

    Hi Wilma

    You're halfway there with Apache and Sendmail... I would suggest to
    use PHP to build the scripts and MySQL/PostgreSQL as database. You
    will probably find a multitude of examples on how to do this when you
    google for this with MySQL and PHP, many before you have done it this
    way.

    I find PHP very easy to use, and MySQL, well, that's not difficult to
    use either. Just make sure that you configure everything in a good way
    to prevent any abuse, but that goes without saying

    Good luck

    Wilma Fingerdo wrote in message news:...
    > I would like to setup a HTTP interface where users could type in their
    > email address, and could sign up for a monthly newsletter. On a certain
    > day of the month, the data would be read out of a database, and the email
    > would be sent off. Could anyone give me suggestions on how this would best
    > be done (Apache + Sendmail + Database?). Is there a specific term for
    > this? Any HOWTO's anyone knows about?
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestions...
    >
    > Wilma

  3. Re: Config Question

    How about mailman ?

    TC
    "Wilma Fingerdo" wrote in message
    news:Xns94D9FC74E13Drainingturdsyahoocom@204.127.2 04.17...
    > I would like to setup a HTTP interface where users could type in their
    > email address, and could sign up for a monthly newsletter. On a certain
    > day of the month, the data would be read out of a database, and the email
    > would be sent off. Could anyone give me suggestions on how this would

    best
    > be done (Apache + Sendmail + Database?). Is there a specific term for
    > this? Any HOWTO's anyone knows about?
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestions...
    >
    > Wilma

+ Reply to Thread